Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing 2

I just finished the video and found it interesting. Stephan Abram was very energetic and enthusiastic regarding how libraries will be changing with the integration of newer computer technologies. I have not tried Myspace and/or Facebook yet but I agree with some of the other blogs that I do not need or want my personal thoughts and feelings out for everyone to read. However, I still would like to learn alot of Lib 2.0 to find what technologies are being used and how they are used. Abram's mentioned as adult learners that reflecting on what we learn is part of the learning process. How true it is!

The internet is great for researching whether books to read, traveling, access to libraries, downloading books or music, games, tracking children's grades, communicating with distant relatives & friends, recipes, genealogy, etc. With high-speed internet access the internet is a great resource as long as a person budgets their time. It can also be a great time stealer if a person doesn't put limits on usage.

I know very little about 2.0 but want to learn. I love learning new things. Change is inevitable. However, we can not lose the concept that libraries are people helping people. One of the articles you refered us to mentioned that we need to make our technology user friendly because we do not have the resources to individually teach each customer how to use the computer technologies.

No comments: